Totally Active Clarifier (TAC) by Ecological Laboratories, Inc. (Microbe-Lift)
- Dry Bacterial Cultures
- No Fillers
- 100% Active Ingredients; 100% Effective; 100% Water Soluble
- Has sodium bicarbonate-a buffer that can help stabilize the pH
- Has sea salt that helps to induce a protective slime layer on fish
- Has no odor
- 16 oz. Treats 500 gal. pond for 16 weeks
The Differences Between MICROBE-LIFT/PL & MICROBE-LIFT/TAC:
Since Ecological Laboratories is the producer of the most popular biological pond clarifier on the market, there will inevitably be questions about the differences between the two products and why one would be selected over the other. Here is a list of the basic differences with the features and benefits of those notable differences:
- TAC does not have photosynthetic bacteria, which is one of the keys to the performance of PL and what sets it above all other biological products for ponds. Unfortunately, no one has been successful to this point at preserving photosynthetic cultures in dry form. These photosynthetic bacteria are a valuable source of MICROBE-LIFT/PL‘s ability to clarify water and are capable of tapping into a potent source of energy to do this-the sun. Many of these photosynthetic bacteria are also potent detoxifiers of water.
- The organisms in TAC are not grown together in the same container, as the PL is. As a result, you don’t get the same “ecosystem in a bottle” that you get with the MICROBE-LIFT/PL, and as a result, not quite the same ability to ecologically balance your pond.
- TAC has powdered activated carbon which is well known for its abilities to clarify water by providing a point surface for bacteria to grow on. It then acts as a weighting agent to help these bacteria settle to the bottom, thus removing turbidity associated with dispersed bacteria. The carbon also acts as a detoxifier by adsorbing micro amounts of toxic materials; i.e. pesticides that can make their way into a pond.