Barley Straw Bales by Easy Pro Pond Products
- Best results if applied early season (spring)
- Safe for use with aquatic life and pets
- Helps keep water clean and clear
- Made in the USA
- For best results use with a Beneficial Bacteria
- EasyPro's Barley Straw Guide for Use
- Available in ½ lb & 1 lb bales
- Each 1/2 lb. bale treats around 500 gal. of pond water
Barley Straw Bales are ideal to help improve water quality! With exposure to sunlight and oxygen, naturally occurring organisms will decompose the barley, releasing substances into the water that are converted into low levels of hydrogen peroxide; modifying your pond’s chemistry and the goal, helping to improve water quality.
Directions for Barley Straw Bales for Ponds: One ½ lb barley straw bale treats approximately 500 gallons of pond water. One bale lasts 3-4 months. Apply second bale 4 weeks after first treatment to avoid interruption in benefits.
*Keep in mind, that barley straw does not kill existing algae, it may only help to reduce the growth of new algae. Scoop out as much of the pre-existing algae as you can.