Calcium Montmorillonite ClayMicrobe-Lift
- 100% Natural formulation for pond clarity, and koi health and color.
- Provides nutrition to fish through minerl ingestion
- Improves and enhances fish color
- Polishes pond water
- Helps detoxify pond water
- Very beneficial to fish health in non-natural rubber, plastic, or vinyl bottom water gardens
Microbe-Lift Calcium Montmorillonite Clay
Microbe-Lift Calcium Montmorillonite Clay comes from one of the highest calcium clay deposits in the world. Calcium based clay can help your pond water to produce some of the healthiest and deep colored koi. Koi’s markings will become brighter and more dominant over time. Calcium Montmorillonite Clay (also known as Bentonite clay) has a negative electric charge which binds clay particles to positively charged toxins in the water. Plastic pre-formed ponds, as well as vinyl, cement and rubber ponds, do not have any nutrients on their bottom. In the wild, carp use mud to get many of their micronutrients and minerals. It is not only a nutrient source for koi, it will also “polish” your pond water. The clay acts as a natural flocculent and the particles that are bound up are filtered out of the pond.
Clay is used in ponds to achieve several goals:
- Provide fish nutrition through mineral ingestion
- Improve fish color and health
- Detoxify and clarify pond water (polishing)
- 2 lbs. treats 200 gal. pond for 2 years.
- 4 lbs. treats 500 gal. pond for 16 months
- 6 lbs. treats 1,000 gal. pond for 1 year