Water Lettuce (Pistia stratoites)Hoffman's Water X Scapes
- Absorbs excess nutrients from your water
- Promotes clean water
- Increases natural filtration
- Provides shelter for fish
- Help prevent algae
- Floating pond plant
- Tropical pond plant in Ohio
- Prefers full sun - partial shade
* Due to the sensitivity of floating pond plants, both water lettuce & hyacinth, are shipped Monday-Wednesday. Orders placed on Thursday, Friday, and weekends will wait until Monday to be shipped.
Water Lettuce (Pistia stratoites)
Bloom times: Foliage plant all season
Hardiness zone: 9-11
Fertilization: Absorbed from your water!
Cultivation: Floats on the water’s surface with roots hanging below.
Habit: Pale, blue-green, velvety leaves. They multiply quickly so be sure to separate & thin.
Water Lettuce is a Tropical pond plant and should be treated as an annual plant. It prefers warmer water.
We recommend that your water temperature is 65 degrees (and warmer) before adding Water Hyacinth and Lettuce to your pond.
Using a round feeder or plant ring (like this one) will help keep your floating plants together and out of your pond's skimmer box.
We offer the largest selection of Aquatic Pond Plants in North East Ohio!
Visit us at 1021 E. Caston Rd. Uniontown, OH 44685.
Use our Contact Us page if you are looking for a specific plant.
**Cannot be shipped to AK, AL, CA, FL, HI, LA, MS, PR, SC, TX, WI